So, I have a friend who makes homemade sausage patties all the time, and they are so delicious. I’ve always wanted to make them, since that way you get to control what goes into them, but it seemed too complicated. She assured me it wasn’t, but I was hesitant for a long time.
Eventually that ended and now I make them all the time. Sometimes I don’t even make patties, I just cook it up as ground meat.
- 1 pound of ground turkey, chicken, lamb or pork (or combination thereof)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground fennel
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
Mix together. Form into patties. Bake at 350 until they are cooked to your liking. I try to undercook a bit when I am doing a big cook-up since I am going to freeze them and reheat/cook again and don’t want a hockey puck.
You can play around with other seasonings too … like adding some shredded apple (like in the photo above) or try chorizo seasonings!